Saturday, August 25, 2007

Hand-Me-Downs

Did you know that many of my customers are hand-me-downs? When my dear friend Amy Pratt of That's Mine! Monogramming left her business to return to full-time teaching a few years ago, she started sending me customers. Here we are, three years later, and they are still coming. And I love it!

This week Amy sent me Elaine W and her two daughters who had an adorable project idea. They came armed with bags, trim and ideas. The photos show what emerged from the factory. Cute, huh?
The bags come from a place called Behringer Bags. (817-788-5584; 6101 Watauga Rd. Watauga, TX 76148-2800) You may have seen their storefront on 377 or their booth at Canton First Monday Trade Days. They have nice quality bags for amazingly low prices.

The trim is just your basic Hobby Lobby purchase. And look how cute the bags look with the monogram! I'm very happy with how nicely these bags turned out. :-)

Also, in the ongoing saga of my crazy family. My youngest son, who I was so proud to announce was potty trained, made his mark on our new house last week. He somehow managed to overflow the master bathroom toilet and let it run for about 30 minutes while I was upstairs sewing and I thought he was innocently watching a movie downstairs! Finally he came to me and said, "Mommy, there's something in your bathroom!"

Yes, and also in the master bedroom, and in the hallway, and in the laundry room, and in the garage. $1500 later, we're almost recovered. Ugh.

No comments: